Okay, what've you been up to?
- Finished studying Games Technology at the University at the West of England then aimed to make a small game each month for a while to teach myself Unity and Maya.
- Worked freelance and then full time for Google, first for the Android Experiments team to make Kintsukuroi (a free mobile game) and then full time with the Google Doodle team. I worked on the 2017 Valentine's day Google Doodle! You can play it here, at the top of the page.
- I left Google in 2017 to try and make something of my own. I've since started a Patreon where I post a monthly newsletter that covers everything I've worked on that month! Sometimes I take on freelance work, like the 3D illustrations I did for Bloomberg in this article.
Cool. What can you do?
I'm fairly comfortable with most aspects of game development but here're what I feel are my strongest points:
3D Modelling, Rigging, and Animation
- Experienced in both props, characters and environment modelling
- Low poly, untextured & vertex coloured / Mid poly with painted textures
2D Concept Art and Spritework
- Character, costume, creature, environment and level design concept work
- Flat colour vector-like illustration / Chunky pixel art with strict palettes
Very confident with
- Unity with C#/JS Scripting
- 3D Modelling software such as Maya and 3D-Coat
- Image creation/editing software such as Photoshop, Flash, Paint Tool SAI